WinMerge is a Windows tool for visual difference display and merging, for both files and directories. It is highly useful for determining what has changed between file versions, and then merging those changes.
- Visual differencing and merging of text files.
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap.
- Handles DOS, Unix and Mac text file formats.
- Unicode support (as of version 2.8.0, UTF-8 files are correctly read without a BOM).
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes.
- Location pane shows map of files compared.
- Highlights differences inside lines in file compare.
- Can also generate HTML report with differences highlighted.
- Regular expression based file filters in directory compare allow excluding and including items.
- Moved lines detection in file compare.
- Ability to ignore whitespace and letter case changes.
- Creates patch files.
- Shell integration.
- Rudimentary Visual SourceSafe and Rational ClearCase integration.
(Download Size: 2.55 MB)